Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPPT charge control Project - LT3652

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxxxter

I am doing a Solar powered power bank as my dissertation project. It's based on LT3652 charge control, a Lithium-Ion battery (4500mAh) and 2 boost converters (3.3-5V and 3.3-12V).

I am using a 21W, PV panel with a maximum voltage of 7.68V. I need 4.2V and 2A output to charge the battery.
In calculations I did set minimum voltage in, as 6V and float voltage as 4.2 and followed the datasheet.

My design is based on Sparkfun Sunny Buddy MPPT. I changed the inductor (**broken link removed**) and diodes (RBR5LAM30ATFTR) and also sense resistor.
Unfortunately I'm not getting what I need out.

1.My schematic.
2.The actual prototype board
3.The open circuit voltage out. (7V in, 4.2V out)
4.Voltage out with 4.7ohm load.(6V in, 1.5V out . If i change the input voltage any higher and lower than 6V output voltage drops!)
5.Current out with 4.7ohm load.(6V in, 220mA out It goes up to 240mA at 7.6V in).

I appreciate your thoughts and advise as my deadline is reaching and i have been all over the place but i couldn't find the fault. as you can see I have changed the calculated 3.2uH inductor with a 10uH one but it didn't make much of a difference!

Ps. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give you as much as information as i can.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    53.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back