Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLABX - Stopwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

The first time I'm using this MPLABX V5.05. The stopwatch is inactive for this modern PIC 16F15313...I use assembler.

I want to count inctruction timings using stopwatch.How to enable it?

Have a look under Menu->Windows->debugging->stopwatch. No idea why it's not under debug.

Mike.

Please, go to Microchip forum. Maybe you could find a thread about it.

I now recall trying to use it during debugging without success (18F family micro). It worked with the Simulator that I used just for a bunch of delay routines. I then returned to debugging on the hardware.

Never tried again.

When I first tried it (ver 5.25) I was surprised that I had to set two breakpoints for it to work.

I reinstalled the latest MPLABX 5.35 as well.But still the stopwatch is inactive.Do I need to plug the PICKIT3 to computer?I also set two brakpoints but still no stopwatch.

If debugging, as far as I understand, you should connect the PICkit unless you select Simulator.

I insist: go to the Microchip forum; lot of professionals with experience there. Do a search first.

I have a doubt.Is that MPLABX IDE is suitable for an assembler? Any benefit over the wonderful MPLAB 8.92 ?

Sure it works with Assembly.

After almost 4 years I started again to work with PICs. For that I am using Win 10, MPLABX ver 5.25 and PICkit4.

So far working OK. No need to even try 8.92.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back