Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Errors in MPLABX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Can anyone tell me how to stop MPLABX from telling me I have lots of errors when I haven't,
errors.png

By simply deleting the block rem in the IRS removes all the errors,

fixed.png

Does anyone know a work around for this? Superfluous non existent errors are useless as you can't see any genuine errors.

Mike.

What happens if you do a clean & build?
I've seen a similar thing, and if I remember right, it sorts itself out for the duration of the session after a build when it's parsed all the definitions / includes etc.

I'm using the CCS compiler, though.

If I do a clean and build the errors stay away. If I insert a block rem in the ISR and do clean and build the errors return - but it still compiles fine. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it. Very frustrating.

Mike.

If I insert a block rem in the ISR and do clean and build the errors return
It's saying there are no definitions for those variables in your program or includes.
XC8 understands them as it has them separately defined.

It's really an XC8 integration bug, rather than a problem with MPLab - if you comment out a definition that is needed in a program, strictly speaking it should not be valid and not compile!

It's saying there are no definitions for those variables in your program or includes.
Yes, that is what it's saying but it's wrong, there are definitions. Microchip need to debug their code.

Anyone know of a work around that I can implement?

Mike.

Somewhere on either the Microchip forum or Stackoverflow is the cure for this.

It is an installation problem - some path variable to the definitions is not installed correctly and can only be fixed by manually editing something.

I came across this when Mike was trying to help me learn C and those errors kept showing up.

This is the XC16 one, I think XC8 is similar https://microchipdeveloper.com/xc16:set-the-include-directory-path

Thanks Terry, Just tried that and no matter how many times I press "unlock" it stays locked.
lock.png

Mike.
Edit, seems microchip don't bother with giving you feedback - "Cannot unlock in debug mode" instead they expect you to read every bit of the page to find the information (note the title bar). BTW, it wasn't in debug mode as it failed to find the PK4. Note also, the Unlock button IS ENABLED Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Last edited:
Managed to unlock the properties (see edit above) and put the correct path in - no change. Seems this bug has been around forever and Microchip don't give a rats about it. Don't expect a fix anytime. Deliberately left out the word soon as that would be incorrect.

Mike.

i had that before, but i forget what changed, if i clicked a setting or if it was with a new install, but its gone now, im using v5.45

Just downloading version 6.00 released yesterday. Will let you know.

Mike.

Just installed MPLAB V6.00 and still the same!!!! How can you have a major release and still have such a glaring error?

So I tried switching to the latest version of XC8 - V2.32 - problem not fixed and loads of warnings added like,
Non line specific message::: warning: (1020) unknown attribute "CONFIGPROG" in chipinfo file "C:/Program Files/Microchip/MPLABX/v6.00/packs/Microchip/PIC16F1xxxx_DFP/1.9.163/xc8\pic\dat\ini\16f18854.ini" at line 186
Non line specific message::: warning: (1020) unknown attribute "IDLOCPROG" in chipinfo file "C:/Program Files/Microchip/MPLABX/v6.00/packs/Microchip/PIC16F1xxxx_DFP/1.9.163/xc8\pic\dat\ini\16f18854.ini" at line 195

These are bugs in Microchip files. They need to sort out these bugs.

Mike.

All tickets I opened since starting to work with PIC-AS got a response.
Most of the flaws are gone already.

Not 100% sure ,, have a look for some stray comments either /* */ or // i had a string of 40 odd //////////////////////////////// MP didnt like that ? 5.45 still has a wobble of red squiggles now and then , just loaded MPLABX 6.00 maybe its fixed , not holding breath

Not 100% sure ,, have a look for some stray comments either /* */ or // i had a string of 40 odd //////////////////////////////// MP didnt like that ? 5.45 still has a wobble of red squiggles now and then , just loaded MPLABX 6.00 maybe its fixed , not holding breath
I'm just in the process of installing MPLABX 6.00, as I've not run MPLABX for 3 months I wasn't aware of the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back