MPLABX - Stopwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

The first time I'm using this MPLABX V5.05. The stopwatch is inactive for this modern PIC 16F15313...I use assembler.

I want to count inctruction timings using stopwatch.How to enable it?

Have a look under Menu->Windows->debugging->stopwatch. No idea why it's not under debug.

Mike.

Please, go to Microchip forum. Maybe you could find a thread about it.

I now recall trying to use it during debugging without success (18F family micro). It worked with the Simulator that I used just for a bunch of delay routines. I then returned to debugging on the hardware.

Never tried again.

When I first tried it (ver 5.25) I was surprised that I had to set two breakpoints for it to work.

I reinstalled the latest MPLABX 5.35 as well.But still the stopwatch is inactive.Do I need to plug the PICKIT3 to computer?I also set two brakpoints but still no stopwatch.

If debugging, as far as I understand, you should connect the PICkit unless you select Simulator.

I insist: go to the Microchip forum; lot of professionals with experience there. Do a search first.

I have a doubt.Is that MPLABX IDE is suitable for an assembler? Any benefit over the wonderful MPLAB 8.92 ?

Sure it works with Assembly.

After almost 4 years I started again to work with PICs. For that I am using Win 10, MPLABX ver 5.25 and PICkit4.

So far working OK. No need to even try 8.92.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…