Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB-X and XC8

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I Just installed MPLAB-X v1.85 and XC8 v1.20 on windows 7 with a 64 bit OS and even thou I have XC8 installed it will not use it.. And it shows up as a tool set..

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 209
I figured it out there no support for hi tech projects the project was telling MPLAB to use Hi tech compiler not XC8

I guess no one here has anything to say? Mplab-X is still lacking in a lot of ways. Guess I'll grab a download of Mplab 8.xx

I was thinking of chipping in... I have just installed MPLAB X on my Windows XP at work.... Just so I can use XC32 and XC32++.

I really don't like the interface at all, but progress is progress.... I need to program the pic32!! These are the only tools I can use at the mo...

I have bought one of theses things https://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayP...crid|20584516808|kword|dm320015|match|p|plid|

Once I get my head round the interface, I'll help more.

Well your in luck with those chips I was playing with the samples. There for the 16F chips and I got a error that the HI- Tech compiler is not installed. Whats funny is there no way to change the project to use XC8 It's grayed out the tab to change it.

So after a day playing with it I start a new project and it ask if I want to Use Hi-tech I click the XC8 button and copy my sample code over to it and it compiles fine.

The pic shows what I'm saying MpLab.png

Its a new laptop with windows 7 64 bit os i only installed mplab-x 1.85 and xc8 1.20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back