MPLAB-X and XC8

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I Just installed MPLAB-X v1.85 and XC8 v1.20 on windows 7 with a 64 bit OS and even thou I have XC8 installed it will not use it.. And it shows up as a tool set..

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 213
I figured it out there no support for hi tech projects the project was telling MPLAB to use Hi tech compiler not XC8

I guess no one here has anything to say? Mplab-X is still lacking in a lot of ways. Guess I'll grab a download of Mplab 8.xx

I was thinking of chipping in... I have just installed MPLAB X on my Windows XP at work.... Just so I can use XC32 and XC32++.

I really don't like the interface at all, but progress is progress.... I need to program the pic32!! These are the only tools I can use at the mo...

I have bought one of theses things https://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayP...crid|20584516808|kword|dm320015|match|p|plid|

Once I get my head round the interface, I'll help more.

Well your in luck with those chips I was playing with the samples. There for the 16F chips and I got a error that the HI- Tech compiler is not installed. Whats funny is there no way to change the project to use XC8 It's grayed out the tab to change it.

So after a day playing with it I start a new project and it ask if I want to Use Hi-tech I click the XC8 button and copy my sample code over to it and it compiles fine.

The pic shows what I'm saying

Did you per-chance uninstall MPLAB IDE v8.xxx before you installed the newer MPLAB IDE X??? Because if you did, it removes the licence registration of the 8 bit compilers...

Its a new laptop with windows 7 64 bit os i only installed mplab-x 1.85 and xc8 1.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…