Mplab start up error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Have put a post to microchips forum but wondered if any member here has experienced this start up error with MPlab v 8.92 which I know a few folk still use; all my projects are Assembly and I'm on W 8.1

Had not used Mplab for a few months and when I opened it got these two messages and it closes.
Uninstalled Mplab and then did a clean reinstall but just the same errors ( work files saved on a different drive)

The messages are rather meaningless to me, so not quiet sure what the problem really is ..?

Attachments

• 000320.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 000321.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 324
Still using MPLAB.

Are you trying to open MPLAB after having it closed with a project in progress? If so, I would move the archive containing the project's files, to another directory, and then start MPLAB.

I vaguely recall, for a case like that, deleting all files, (except asm and inc) and then starting a new project.

Its some time since I last used Mplab , though generally its closed normally.
Been trying suggestion from Microchip forum including manually deleting any remaining microchip files/folder after uninstalling 8.92 but the problem still remains.

Only use Mplab to maintain old assembler program these days, might try loading X and see if that works instead or either do a reinstall of windows etc as it a while since I have had a clean start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…