Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mplab start up error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Have put a post to microchips forum but wondered if any member here has experienced this start up error with MPlab v 8.92 which I know a few folk still use; all my projects are Assembly and I'm on W 8.1

Had not used Mplab for a few months and when I opened it got these two messages and it closes.
Uninstalled Mplab and then did a clean reinstall but just the same errors ( work files saved on a different drive)

The messages are rather meaningless to me, so not quiet sure what the problem really is ..?

Attachments

• 000320.jpg
    000320.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 298
  • 000321.jpg
    000321.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 321
Still using MPLAB.

Are you trying to open MPLAB after having it closed with a project in progress? If so, I would move the archive containing the project's files, to another directory, and then start MPLAB.

I vaguely recall, for a case like that, deleting all files, (except asm and inc) and then starting a new project.

Its some time since I last used Mplab , though generally its closed normally.
Been trying suggestion from Microchip forum including manually deleting any remaining microchip files/folder after uninstalling 8.92 but the problem still remains.

Only use Mplab to maintain old assembler program these days, might try loading X and see if that works instead or either do a reinstall of windows etc as it a while since I have had a clean start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back