MPLAB IDÉ Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OY2L

If i want to update my MPLAB IDÉ 7.10 to a newer version must i so uninstall the older version first?? And must i do a backup of all my asm.files there are saved in MPLAB before i do this??

Hi,

Microchip say you should uninstall any previous versions.

Doing so does not normally delete you work / project files if you have placed them in a sub-directory within the Microchip folder. However you should still copy the folder/s to somewhere safe just to be sure,before uninstalling.

Have done about five full updates of Mplab without any problems - usually takes about 10 mins once you have downloaded it.

hth

If i want to update my MPLAB IDÉ 7.10 to a newer version must i so uninstall the older version first?? And must i do a backup of all my asm.files there are saved in MPLAB before i do this??

As I save the user files in E:\, I never had this problem.

Thats true, but it doesn't matter where you keep your files, if your HDD crashes when you are in the middle of a project your are stuffed, as I once found out.

For your key MpLab data files strongly suggest you set up a small automatic daily back up to a cd, dvd or pen drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…