Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB IDÉ Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OY2L

If i want to update my MPLAB IDÉ 7.10 to a newer version must i so uninstall the older version first?? And must i do a backup of all my asm.files there are saved in MPLAB before i do this??

Hi,

Microchip say you should uninstall any previous versions.

Doing so does not normally delete you work / project files if you have placed them in a sub-directory within the Microchip folder. However you should still copy the folder/s to somewhere safe just to be sure,before uninstalling.

Have done about five full updates of Mplab without any problems - usually takes about 10 mins once you have downloaded it.

hth

If i want to update my MPLAB IDÉ 7.10 to a newer version must i so uninstall the older version first?? And must i do a backup of all my asm.files there are saved in MPLAB before i do this??

As I save the user files in E:\, I never had this problem.

Thats true, but it doesn't matter where you keep your files, if your HDD crashes when you are in the middle of a project your are stuffed, as I once found out.

For your key MpLab data files strongly suggest you set up a small automatic daily back up to a cd, dvd or pen drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back