Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB 8.0 and PICkit2 incompatability???

Status
Not open for further replies.
donniedj said:
For the simple reason that the Red Push button on my PICkit2 does not have any insignia, I do not use it. Its best not touch unidentified things. That fact is if they meant for that button to be used effectively, it would have been very clearly written in silk screen just like the other holes in the plastic case.

Tip, keep the Programmer tool box real close to Output window as I do.

that's a diffrent button. I am talking about a button on the pcb expansion board that comes with the pickit, not the (in my case) black button on the main pickit module

Just a note... the color of that button indicates whether two resistors are included or not.

PICKIT 2 User's Guide said:
Debug Express requires 4.7k Ohm pull down resistors on ICSPCLK and
ICSPDAT. Newer PICkit™ 2 Microcontroller Programmers that have a Red
button have the pull downs internally. Older PICkit™ 2 Microcontroller
Programmers that have a Black button require that the pull downs be added
on the target board.

it complies ok in mplab, and will download to the chip, and runs.

EXCEPT the mplab version looses the push button functionality. nothing happens at all:( lights just strobe in one direction. adc speed change is working

apart from donloading an earlier version of mplab, and comments?

To get the pushbutton working again in MPLAB, go into Programmer/Settings and select '3-state on relase from reset', then save. Then toggle 'programmer/hold in reset' and then 'programmer/release from reset' - and the button works again...

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back