Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mp3 player transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
zachtheterrible said:
AND ILL GET THE RIGHT AND LEFT!?!?! Thats what I was hoping that I could do all along!

What is the difference between true stereo and, um . . . "stereo mono?"

Stereo has two channels, with stereo information on the two channels - mono has only one channel, with no stereo information. If you play a mono signal through a stereo system you get exactly the same signal from each speaker - so no stereo at all.

Hi Zach,
Stereo makes the sound appear to come from left, right, every position between and all around like it was recorded or live. Many people have a stereo system with the speakers too close together so the stereo effect is cancelled and it becomes mono. My stereo speakers are spaced in the corners in front of me and frequently sounds seem to originate beside me or even behind me!
I compare the difference between mono and stereo like the difference between black and white and colour.

If you want to make it a little easier rather than transmitting in stereo you could mix the signals and transmit mono, still get the left and right that way.

When He said that I would still get the left and right that way, I thought that he meant that the sound would actually originate beside me, but for some reason it wouldn't be true stereo. I guess he just meant that I would get the sound from the left and right, but it would be played on all speakers at the same time. Ah well, mono, here I come, until I earn a little cash :lol:

Zach,
Stereo is different sounds from different speakers. Mono is the same sound from all speakers. Because you will be mixing the two channels together to feed your transmitter, you won't be missing any sound from your radio, but it won't sound like stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back