Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mp3 player memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogus

So I took apart my old 32mb samsung yepp 20t and found that the circuit board seems to have an empty spot for a second memory chip (perhaps for the 64mb version of the player). So i was wondering whether i can install a second chip into the empty spot to double the memory.

Thx

Attachments

• yepp20t.jpg
    yepp20t.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 533
fogus said:
So I took apart my old 32mb samsung yepp 20t and found that the circuit board seems to have an empty spot for a second memory chip (perhaps for the 64mb version of the player). So i was wondering whether i can install a second chip into the empty spot to double the memory.

Possibly, however it's also possible that it's for a version using two 16Mb chips to give the same 32Mb total (depending on which method is the cheapest at the time). Do they make a 64MB version? - if so it could be worth trying an extra chip.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Possibly, however it's also possible that it's for a version using two 16Mb chips to give the same 32Mb total (depending on which method is the cheapest at the time). Do they make a 64MB version? - if so it could be worth trying an extra chip.

Samsung did make a 64mb version of the player which was called yp-20s and had the same housing as mine. Im not sure about the circuitr board though, but i dont think they'd have changed it without changing the housing.

i had that same idea about my usb flash disk. Although i would borrow a 64 mb version and look at the circuitry differences if the only difference is that one memory chip than go for it :twisted:

that would be awsome! order the chips as a one off and then open a small business modifying them for the public!!$$$$

Nigel Goodwin said:
Can you get hold of a memory chip cheap?.

The distributors online will only let you order in bulk, but maybe its possible to get a sample or something like that. Also, maybe i can find a cheap mp3 player just like mine, since its fairly old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back