Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorola SJ9089A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirt

SJ9089A Motorola Transistor

I am looking for a datasheet for a Motorola SJ9089A transistor used in a Mettler ultrasonic cleaner.
I found a posting on this site that says you can use a MJ16018 as a substitute. I tried that transistor and also tried an NTE replacement. Both seemed to work in the circuit, but caused a 450v 4.7mf cap to heat up and explode. The circuit continues to work without the cap until the unit is shut down. The next time you start the unit it blowes the fuse and the transistor is shorted. This device has two identical circuits that drive 2 transducers. If I swap the transistors the the circuit with the original SJ9089A always works fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, but I have tried Hobid and gotten no response. I have pretty much given up on finding the original part, but was hoping to find a datasheet so I can try to cross reference to another transistor. Still, I would take an original if I could find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back