Motorola 68000 Microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

km

Does anyone have any information e.g.,tutorial for the Motorola 68k microprocessor :?:

km said:
Does anyone have any information e.g.,tutorial for the Motorola 68k microprocessor :?:

You might try checking Commodore Amiga sites?, that used the 68000, as did the Apple Macintosh.

What are you trying to do with the 68000?, it's a VERY powerful 32 bit micro-processor, out performing the Intel devices for many years.

I need to do a Microprocessor based project called "Design and Implementation A Simple Lift System", which required the use of Motorola 68000 Microprocessor. :roll:

km said:
I need to do a Microprocessor based project called "Design and Implementation A Simple Lift System", which required the use of Motorola 68000 Microprocessor. :roll:

Presumably this is for a course?, it's rather overkill for a lift controller :lol:

Probably your next assignment will be to design a pizza delivery system, based on an ocean going super tanker? :lol:

Nigel Goodwin said:
Probably your next assignment will be to design a pizza delivery system, based on an ocean going super tanker? :lol:

:lol: that was "THE" joke of the century!

today our control systems instructor gave us a presentation in which he showed us his final project of his masters in electrical engineering. his group used a 68000 to control a whole Boeing 767! it implemented the kalman filter to filter out the external disturbances. and believe me all the mathematical calculations ran for at least 10-15 slides.

now im not trying to impress you with what my instructor has done. actually i want to tell you that this is the kind of thing you do with such a microprocessor.

Someone Electro said:
An simple 18 pin PIC wod be more than enugh for an lift sistem

Sod that a Induction machine with contacts at different floors to enable/disable/swap power the machine

and failing that... Stairs u fat bar-stuards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…