Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorola 68000 Microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

km

Does anyone have any information e.g.,tutorial for the Motorola 68k microprocessor :?:

km said:
Does anyone have any information e.g.,tutorial for the Motorola 68k microprocessor :?:

You might try checking Commodore Amiga sites?, that used the 68000, as did the Apple Macintosh.

What are you trying to do with the 68000?, it's a VERY powerful 32 bit micro-processor, out performing the Intel devices for many years.

I need to do a Microprocessor based project called "Design and Implementation A Simple Lift System", which required the use of Motorola 68000 Microprocessor. :roll:

km said:
I need to do a Microprocessor based project called "Design and Implementation A Simple Lift System", which required the use of Motorola 68000 Microprocessor. :roll:

Presumably this is for a course?, it's rather overkill for a lift controller :lol:

Probably your next assignment will be to design a pizza delivery system, based on an ocean going super tanker? :lol:

Nigel Goodwin said:
Probably your next assignment will be to design a pizza delivery system, based on an ocean going super tanker? :lol:

:lol: that was "THE" joke of the century!

today our control systems instructor gave us a presentation in which he showed us his final project of his masters in electrical engineering. his group used a 68000 to control a whole Boeing 767! it implemented the kalman filter to filter out the external disturbances. and believe me all the mathematical calculations ran for at least 10-15 slides.

now im not trying to impress you with what my instructor has done. actually i want to tell you that this is the kind of thing you do with such a microprocessor.

Someone Electro said:
An simple 18 pin PIC wod be more than enugh for an lift sistem

Sod that a Induction machine with contacts at different floors to enable/disable/swap power the machine

and failing that... Stairs u fat bar-stuards

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back