Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differentiating the Microprocessor and Microcontroller ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not work with the microprocessor nor i'm an expert in embedded system. I do work with ATMEL microprocessors and arduino, However i very often get queries from newbies about the difference Between Microprocessor and Microcontroller ics.

A microcontroller is a single-chip ic with on-board program ROM and I/O that can be programmed for various control functions

A microprocessor is an IC used in a computer, it does not have a memory/storage space to perform applications.

I do not work with the microprocessor nor i'm an expert in embedded system. I do work with ATMEL microprocessors and arduino, However i very often get queries from newbies about the difference Between Microprocessor and Microcontroller ics.

A microcontroller is a single-chip ic with on-board program ROM and I/O that can be programmed for various control functions

A microprocessor is an IC used in a computer, it does not have a memory/storage space to perform applications.
And your question??

The only thing to add is that a microprocessor as well as not having ram/rom usually dont have i/o or any peripherals either, just a data bus, address bus and a few control lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back