Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor control (direction and PWM): H-bridge by MOSFET IRF3205

Status
Not open for further replies.

saidi.tarik

Hello everyone,

I've made an H-bridge with 4 Mosfet transistors (type IRF3205) for controlling a DC Motor (29 V) both: direction as well as the speed (PWM) by using Raspberry Pi board. please see below the circuit.

The Problem is that motor generate noise , could someone propose for me a solution about that ? Also if there is any rectification on the scheme.
What is the best frequency of PWM that could reduce the noise ?
Is this type of Mosfet transistor reliable for this app (especially I've a load of about 150 Kg in this app) ?
All the best

Attachments

• Motor control.png
    Motor control.png
    42 KB · Views: 475
How are you driving the gates?

PWM should be above 25k to prevent audible noise.

Mike.

Several problems:
In your circuit simulation it appears that your PWM is 0/5V. Can you get 5V out of your computer?
Next look at what the MOSFET does with only 4.5 to 5V on the gate. It barely turns on. You need more like 10V to turn on the bottom two MOSFETs.

Next the top two MOSFETS are never going to turn on with only 5V of the Gate. You need to drive the Gates to 29+10=39volts.
Also keep in mind that the Gate to Source voltage should never get more than +/- 20 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back