Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

linhthai75

Looking for a Motion Detector schematic/BOM/layout. Seen one or two but they don't have day/night sensor. If you know any magazine I can find such please also reply.

Thanks ahead.

:D hi,

what has the day/night sensor got to do with motion sensor. pls try to be specific with what you want. is it the motion sensor or the light sensor. :cry: :roll:

Motion Detector: Day & Night detection

I intend to mount the motion detector to a light, often seen in commercial product sold in lighting store. I only want the light to turn on during nighttime.

:D hi,

so it is the motion detector that you want and you want the light to be activated once a motion is detected and it is for night time use.

you can use infrared, laser or ultrasound as your detectors which has to be amplified to drive the triac to turn on your light.

i have the circuits for that but try first this sites,

http://www.discovercircuits.com
http://www.commlinx.com.au
**broken link removed**

take your pick :D

Hey,
I really need some serious help. I read abt using pyrosensor as passive IR detector, used for switching applications. eg. motion detector
Now, I intend to use pyrosensor in sanitary products (urinal auto flushing system). Came across some serious doubts & need to clarify:

1) Being passive IR detector, how do I control the range or sensing distance? (abt 60cm) This must be adjustable to some extend for maintenance etc

2) Another worry is can pyrosensor still work when the IR emitting body is not moving? (I've read abt motion detector circuits used to activate fluorescent lightings. They generate a delay & off light when there is no motion. IS this due to electronic circuit design or can pyrosensor also detect stationary IR emitting objects?)

3) What is the price of a pyrosensor (approximately)? (small qty buy and qty of few K's?)

I seriously need to consider the above before embarking on some serious work!

Thanks in advance.

cwaitang26 said:
Hey,
I really need some serious help. I read abt using pyrosensor as passive IR detector, used for switching applications. eg. motion detector
Now, I intend to use pyrosensor in sanitary products (urinal auto flushing system). Came across some serious doubts & need to clarify:

1) Being passive IR detector, how do I control the range or sensing distance? (abt 60cm) This must be adjustable to some extend for maintenance etc

2) Another worry is can pyrosensor still work when the IR emitting body is not moving? (I've read abt motion detector circuits used to activate fluorescent lightings. They generate a delay & off light when there is no motion. IS this due to electronic circuit design or can pyrosensor also detect stationary IR emitting objects?)

3) What is the price of a pyrosensor (approximately)? (small qty buy and qty of few K's?)

I seriously need to consider the above before embarking on some serious work!

Thanks in advance.

We have both in the warehouse where I work. The toilets and urinals auto-flush (guessing a large number of blue-collar co-workers lack sufficient education to do it manually). The warehouse lights are all sensor controlled, from 40 feet up, pretty cool. The lights stay on about 15 minutes.

Anyway, if I remember, I'll look for a brand/model on the urinal flusher tomorrow. Likely a lot cheaper to buy a ready made in this case, not to mention much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back