// Mother of all Bench top Power supplies ( DIY Project )

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Turns out I needed one more Contactor After all.

So here is the update,

**broken link removed**

I then built a remote control for the Box, this will control the output relays.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Simply Turn the key on to Arm, and the light will illuminate.

I also installed a manual bypass for this on the box itself, if I want to keep it on.

**broken link removed**

And with this mess it is almost 100% wired, all functions work, so now it is time to spend a day with some Zip Ties and clean her up.

And here is a VIDEO of me running the hell out of a DC compressor motor :}

Last edited by a moderator:
So had some time to get the lights connected, The large police light is for a joke, but it is kind of growing one me haha,

Got the output Stage completed and E-Stop Circuit wired up.

**broken link removed**

Got the Main output breaker mounted and wired with 4AWG. it is a 100Amp breaker.

**broken link removed**

Here is the E-stop and Variac Knob and breaker placement.

**broken link removed**

And the Back of the unit, Few random wires left to connect. Was tricky trying to keep the power wires as short as possible.

**broken link removed**

And the Entire unit.

I hope the Next Video will be with it completed.

Work has been crazy so not much progress,

But got a little done tonight,

**broken link removed**

So brought the punch set home for a few holes and picked up some power cord for the project (10AWG/4Conductor) about 25'

**broken link removed**

Punches make life so easy haha

**broken link removed**

So I will try to explain this,

the normal looking 120V Plug is so I can use a remote ground as well as remote 120Circuit ( For the control side ) if I need to pull massive power on the main line.

the large 30Amp twist lock, is for the remote Current limiting resistors. This will allow a quick connected of 3 External loads.

**broken link removed**

Installed a 50Amp 'Welders' Plug that fits most homes. I also ran an external ground, for allot of welding plugs do not have a good ground.

**broken link removed**

And everything plugged in for a test run.

I also put a large strain relief on the Main power line, I may make this a plug and socked down to road as well, so it can be removed for when I need to relocate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…