Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

// Mother of all Bench top Power supplies ( DIY Project )

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Turns out I needed one more Contactor After all.

So here is the update,

**broken link removed**

I then built a remote control for the Box, this will control the output relays.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Simply Turn the key on to Arm, and the light will illuminate.

I also installed a manual bypass for this on the box itself, if I want to keep it on.

**broken link removed**

And with this mess it is almost 100% wired, all functions work, so now it is time to spend a day with some Zip Ties and clean her up.

And here is a VIDEO of me running the hell out of a DC compressor motor :}

Last edited by a moderator:
So had some time to get the lights connected, The large police light is for a joke, but it is kind of growing one me haha,

Got the output Stage completed and E-Stop Circuit wired up.

**broken link removed**

Got the Main output breaker mounted and wired with 4AWG. it is a 100Amp breaker.

**broken link removed**

Here is the E-stop and Variac Knob and breaker placement.

**broken link removed**

And the Back of the unit, Few random wires left to connect. Was tricky trying to keep the power wires as short as possible.

**broken link removed**

And the Entire unit.

I hope the Next Video will be with it completed.

Heh. Looks like you actually need a BIGGER relay rack!

Work has been crazy so not much progress,

But got a little done tonight,

**broken link removed**

So brought the punch set home for a few holes and picked up some power cord for the project (10AWG/4Conductor) about 25'

**broken link removed**

Punches make life so easy haha

**broken link removed**

So I will try to explain this,

the normal looking 120V Plug is so I can use a remote ground as well as remote 120Circuit ( For the control side ) if I need to pull massive power on the main line.

the large 30Amp twist lock, is for the remote Current limiting resistors. This will allow a quick connected of 3 External loads.

**broken link removed**

Installed a 50Amp 'Welders' Plug that fits most homes. I also ran an external ground, for allot of welding plugs do not have a good ground.

**broken link removed**

And everything plugged in for a test run.

I also put a large strain relief on the Main power line, I may make this a plug and socked down to road as well, so it can be removed for when I need to relocate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back