Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Most active threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
I typically go from subscribed threads, to unanswered posts, to new posts. Many days I'm unable to properly go over the number of new post adequately, is there any way to show a list of the last 20 threads sorted by the number of additional responses, since last visit? Sort of a generic popularity barometer.

Many sites displays this as 'trending' or 'hot' threads.

I think that's shown by the color of the envelopes on the left-hand side. If they're red/orange, they're "hot" threads.

There are 20 thread colors?

I don't think we're talking about the same thing DerStrom. I would like an ordered list of new posts from my last visit sorted by the number of posts made in them since my last visit.

It's about prioritizing the information I view and respond to. The more avenues of approach to the content this forum has to offer, the better, for me and anyone else present with these kinds of options.

It's all about information presentation.

I shudder to think how many honest first posts I've missed since I first logged on here; and even more-so now that I am even with ElectroMaster best efforts simply unable to keep up with the content and user posts here wishing I simply new more about what was available, and different methods to access it.

I'm surprised more users here don't request specific filtering methods!

I have finite time here, the better I can spend that time the better all will benefit.

This goes from the top down.

Last edited:
Yes, I understand you would like a single button to bring up all of the "hot threads". That would even be a good idea. I'm just saying that there is an indicator already that can help in a pinch.

None that I can think of, but I don't frequent other forums, there's only two others I visit and those are not on a regular basis.

I'm not sure why it would be impossible, it's nothing more than a two stage sort. Once the results for subscriptions or new posts or whatever is returned organize that result list by number of new posts since last visit in each thread. That would give you a rough approximation of the popularity of a particular thread, at least from visit to visit. As posts die down the thread and new posts in it will move further and further down the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back