Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET help for 7segment PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHughes1984

Hell all new here.

I am designing a seven segment LED clock (yes a clock again lol) but am stuck with a MOSFET. What it is, is that am using an UDN2981 (high side driver array) and will be using PWM on the 6 CA seven segments using the PWM pin of the PIC16F877. I will be PWM'ing the VCC pin of the UDN2981 With a MOSFET (12V connected to the source and the drain connected to the VCC pin with the gate connected to a BC847 with a 1K resistor). My problem is that am not sure which type of MOSFET to use ie n-channel or p-channel. I think i should be going for the p-channel and use a BC847 on the MOSFET gate whit the BC847 connected to the PIC's PWM pin. So could anyone tell me if my thinking here would work providing i select the correct resistors to saturate the BC847 (to use as a switch).

All so is the current flow in MOSFETS bi-directional.

Hope i have gave you all enough info.

Regards,
AHughes1984.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back