Monostable 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

ertiexd125

We all know that a monostable 555 works as a one shot timing circuit. I have read an article that says when i use a low value capacitor on its RC connection on pin 6 and pin 7 the timing capability will be gone. Is this true? If yes, what is the electronic explanation of these?

help me pls...

There is a limit to the minimum pulse width the 555 can produce accuately. I don't remember off the top of my head what the actual limit is, but it's a pretty small pulse width. The electrical explanation is when an IC is designed, certain goals are defined for it's performance. This IC was designed to work down to a certain minimum pulse width. Getting to work further down makes the part more complex, expensive, etc.

i have attached a circuit diagram here can you explain how the timing capability of the monostable 555 is used.

The author of the circuit only says,

Here, Timing(T)=1.1*68K*0.01uF = 0.000748 seconds. So, as soon as you let light fall on LDR, the LED- D1 switches off.

Attachments

• Automatic-light-using-5553.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…