Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model elevator HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Push buttons or switches, anything is OK. But push buttons are preferred.
We can't use a servo, as the rules say we have to use a 12v DC micromotor

you can use the electronics of a servo to drive your motor :)
btw i also have school on saturdays, but it's half time, it sucks! :mad:

Last edited:
Use the edit button (it looks like this ) rather than posting five times in a row.

Did you at least try to run your 12V motor from the servo?

Try connecting the string that should lift the cabine to the second gear or maybe the third one

And figure out each story is reached at which angle of what used to be the 'output shaft'
then for each level you'll continuously send a different signal to hold the cabine at a certain level or to go to a certain level (thus the need for switches or look up some fancy toggle circuitry)

You can't just keep thinking about this and we can't give you everything(it's not possible to predict what you'll run into), you just have to start buying parts and figuring out how things will work together
If you're really stuck, start making the chassis.

shashankhr is seeming like someone that wants to win a foot race by riding a horse all the way up to the finish line, jumping off and crossing the line on foot...declaring he is the fastest runner in the race. ;) Couldn't help myself. :)

Ken

Last edited:
Please understand that I am just in the 10th grade and know nothing about electronics. Please help me! I know that the people on this forum can help me.

Please understand that I am just in the 10th grade and know nothing about electronics. Please help me! I know that the people on this forum can help me.
Help yourself first.

We're happy to help but we're not going to do all of the work for you, at least make an effort.

Well, the point is, I am just unable to make out what components to use. What kind of a flip flop should I use? And what kind of sensor?

Is there anyway to do this without flip-flops?
Can this be done with only relays, and sensors, and stuff like that?

OK, I am ready to use flip-flops. Will a SR flip-flop work for me?
Can somebody just give me the circuit diagram for the flip flops? I'll do the rest.

ps: Can anybody give me a clue as to what ICs to buy?
Also, how should the ICs be connected to the flip-flops?

Last edited:
I don't really need something that complicated. I have gotten somewhere using those flip flops, but i am not able to make the circuit so that the flip flops are set/reset to the state it should be in. Can somebody please give me the schematic for only the flip flop part and i will manage the rest.

I did come up with a circuit using only relays, but I am unable to control the direction of the motor. Can anybody help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back