Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile phones interception

Status
Not open for further replies.

sram

It has been some time since I last posted here. I hope everybody is doing fine. Special mention goes to Nigel, I hope your health is nothing but great.

I have a general question. If you have some classified info or you work in a sensitive place, it is not wise to talk about such info while using your GSM phone. Interception of mobile phones is easy or at least very doable by those who specialize in such things. Anyways, say that you knew somehow that you have been intercepted, and you want to resolve the issue, what do you do? You get rid of the phone? Or you get rid of the sim card? Or you get rid of the phone number(Change your phone number)? Or you get rid of everything? I understand that there many ways to intercept GSM phones, and I also understand that you can be traced by the IMSI number that is a unique one.........etc

I'm asking this because if one can keep his number without issues, then he'd love to do so instead of changing it and having to tell everybody about his new number.

Providing me with a good read on interception from the net will be appreciated and it will certainly help.

Thank you very much.

If confidential/sensitive info was discussed that action might be illegal. If so, to advise you/him could (depending on the jurisdiction) be construed as aiding an illegal activity.

If confidential/sensitive info was discussed that action might be illegal. If so, to advise you/him could (depending on the jurisdiction) be construed as aiding an illegal activity.

Don't worry, it is not something like that. It is more about learning about interception than anything else. But it is fine if you feel like that, maybe this is not the appropriate place to ask.

there are some open source encryption apps for Android phones. whether not it can get you in trouble may depend on what country you live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back