Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile phone solar charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basma Assad

i've design a circiut and put at the input rectangular wave 0 to 5 V
and it operates well
but when i applyied a constant voltage the circuit gives me the same voltage
what 's wrong ? i don't know

and i've tried with another circiut but i think it's not stable

Attachments

• tmw.doc
    191.5 KB · Views: 366
Your circuit is not oscillating.

You are "too tight" with your biasing components and rail component. Try not to include "voltage dividers."

Here is the type of circuit you require.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
It's not the inductance that is important (critical). It is the "energy delivey capability" due to the size of the wire and the size of the core.
How much current do you want to deliver and what is the output voltage?

Simply connect the solar panel to the phone via a diode. When the solar panel is not in bright sunlight the voltage will be less than 5v, but you cannot expect it to produce any current when the output voltage is as low as 1v and it is pointless adding a boost circuit.

ok , if i use a inductor with a value of 500nH would it work??
i mean would it gives me enough current to charge a mobile phone from 3 V or 5V as an input from the solar cell.
your advice to connect a diode between the solar cell and the phone seems practical but my supervisior doesn't want it to be that simple

English in the forums please =)

ok i want help i just posted a circiut that wouldn't work becuase as they told me is not oscilliated!!!

and now i am trying another circiut but i don't know what is the value of the inductance??

hi Basma,
Was that circuit you posted your own design.?:)

i just modified it , my supervisior told me to try a rectangular wave (0 to 5V) and i just built in the simulator and start to modify it until i get the result i want . but unfortuantely when i built in hardware it wouldn't work because the solar panel gives me 5V constant. so that the problem.

i just modified it , my supervisior told me to try a rectangular wave (0 to 5V) and i just built in the simulator and start to modify it until i get the result i want . but unfortuantely when i built in hardware it wouldn't work because the solar panel gives me 5V constant. so that the problem.

I see, which simulator did you use to design the cct.?
Problem with solar panels, fairly high internal resistance, about 5 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back