Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile phone solar charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use multisim
my solar panel gives in a sunny day 6.3 V and 8.3mA
can you help me??

If you get a free download of LTSpice, thats a good simulator, little difficult to learn, but good.

8.3mA!.. that dosnt sound correct, how big is the panel.??

actually it is not homemade solar panel and i got from germany and lets focus on the problem (the circuit please)
what is wrong with my circuit.

Your solar cell charger is going to take days/weeks to charge the phones battery. It's current output is at best 6.3V @ 8.3mA (0.05W) and your phones battery is 5.7V @ 800mA (4.5W). Plus you're boosting the panel to 9V (if you're lucky it's >80% efficient)
What power output does the charger that came with the phone put out?

Last edited:
Alright, so the CHARGER says 5.7V @ 800mA then that's what the phone will want, where did you get 9V from?

Anyway you'll need a 5W solar panel preferably > 8V out so a simple 5.7V buck converter to 5.7V is you need.

i have used the circuit that collins posted and it gives me a varying output (10.7 v to 11.7 v ) from a 3 v input (i mean in the simulator) but i still worried that it will fail since it's varing to values and when i tried to put zener diode to regulate the output the circuit doesn't work (it's started to go slowly)

i gad to do it using this solar cell i've got 4 of it
but again my problem is what is wrong with the circuit can anybody answer this question???

What circuit? I see no circuit anywhere in here.

if you bother yourself and look at the attachemnet in the first post you'll find a circuit .
and tell me if you please what is wrong with it , and what is wrong with the circuit that collins post it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back