Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MMC write cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

I beleive MMC has a write endurance of 300,000 write/erase cycles.

But what does this exactaly mean?

In other words if I write 1 byte to the following addresses 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc in a MMC and I get to address 300,000 will it stop or if I write 1 byte to address 0 300,000 times then address 0 will fail but all other will be OK

Thanks

Scarr said:
I beleive MMC has a write endurance of 300,000 write/erase cycles.

But what does this exactaly mean?

In other words if I write 1 byte to the following addresses 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc in a MMC and I get to address 300,000 will it stop or if I write 1 byte to address 0 300,000 times then address 0 will fail but all other will be OK

Thanks

Well, for a start - what's an 'MMC'?.

Presumably it's some kind of EEPROM memory?, in which case the endurance figures they give are a minimum figure anyway - a typical device should easily exceed that.

As to what happens when they fail, I've no idea, I imagine it could well vary from device to device - but I would suspect it probably applies to a single byte.

hi every body
can some body help me aboaut mmc that it write protected?????
(surry for my english)

Hi,

I think he meant to say "MLC", or 'multi level cell'.

hi every body
can some body help me aboaut mmc that it write protected?????
(surry for my english)

Multi Media Cards can NOT be used that way. they actually only have 1K to 10K write cycles in them. the outlandish claims are approximations assuming typical use and controllers' wear leveling and real time bad block mapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back