Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Miniature Sliding Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

benlim90

need help with this.. cant get much information in google. example how am i gonna slide the door from left to right. i have already found out the driver ic from turning the motor clockwise and anti-clockwise. but the problem lies in which motor should and i use? and how can i slide the door? need the easier solution

a rack, cables, if someone or something is going through it a safty would be wise. not much information as to size weight uses.........

the problem i encounter now is i dunno which motor to get.. lets say if it weights 1kg. what gear ratio of the motor should i get?

i was thinking of using rollers and tracks
That should do. As for motor size, that will depend on how much friction there is in your mechanism and on how fast you want the door to move. Even a tiny motor could move the door (albeit slowly) if it's geared down enough.

1. You should have a track, and 2 ball bearings (20mm will be fine) spaced to equally distribute load.
2. Using the weight of the door and other neecessary equations, you can calculate the force required to move the door left to right, which will also be right to left.
3. Getting the force is necessary in order to properly select a motor. From force calculate torque requirements for a few motors to get the suitable motor, couple this with your gear mechanism ofcourse.

Btw, i feel an easy way would be to rip the chain of an old bicycle and the sproket, fix sproket on motor, and lay chain out flat on door. Braze the chain onto the door to avoid the pulling that comes with welding

Last edited:
the problem i encounter now is i dunno which motor to get.. lets say if it weights 1kg. what gear ratio of the motor should i get?
You also need to state how fast you want the door to move, and how far you want the door to move.

Ken

Microcontroller will help you much, I suggest you to using it, put 2 button to controlled Left & Right.
:confused:

Microcontroller will help you much, I suggest you to using it, put 2 button to controlled Left & Right.
:confused:

Why would you think you need a microcontroller, when all you need is a switch?

Ucok (inappropriately) dug up a long-dead thread.

Hi B.
Sliding door you have to collect some sort of sensor to
detect people approaching, with some sort of drive to operate the door. Collect
some sorts of motor or actuator. Need basic knowledge on when the door is clear
so you can close it again. And pressure pads each side of the door to sense
people going throughout. I have done similar Electrical project before about
POV Glove. That’s I had controlled control motor by using coding. :)

Hi B.
Sliding door you have to collect some sort of sensor to
detect people approaching, with some sort of drive to operate the door. Collect
some sorts of motor or actuator. Need basic knowledge on when the door is clear
so you can close it again. And pressure pads each side of the door to sense
people going throughout. I have done similar Electrical project before about
POV Glove. That’s I had controlled control motor by using coding. :)
Why did you post in this old thread?

Let us consider this, kind of resurrecting Lazarus in steps and with different contributors. :hilarious: :hilarious:

Who's next? :p :p

Augustin

Spammers posts deleted.

JimB

Sophie, you're obviously new and maybe not aware that you're resurrecting threads many years old.

Mike

Sophie, you're obviously new and maybe not aware that you're resurrecting threads many years old.

Mike
Is that your pet name for Jim? Rather sweet :p
jim.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back