Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro or sausage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you eat...
You will die.

If you don't eat...
You will die.

Be advised, nobody is getting out of here alive.

JimB

I think bacon would be a more relatable food item.

If you eat...
You will die.

If you don't eat...
You will die.

JimB
Speak for yourself. I have a plan.

If you eat...
You will die.

If you don't eat...
You will die.

JimB

The way I see is.

Life's going to kill you so what do you gain by helping it Vs making it work for it?

Since it is a given we all are going to die I like to think like Hunter S. Thompson:
"
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Ron

My biggest peeves with these sort of pseudoscience claims that revolve around 'if you eat X you looze Y amount of time from your life' is that they carry zero factual merit. Our lives, and how we stay alive for how long, are hugely complex and dynamic multivariate conditions that are impossible to statistically map and predict with any accuracy let alone down to saying each item of food ABC takes or adds so many minutes off or to your life.

Nobody knows when each of us will die. Sure there are strong contributors to the ultimate timeline we spend here but the details are impossible to predict accurately for each individual.

If given the knowledge of how every item you eat affects your life how would any of us handle things if we knew that eating X items may make us die a fast and painless death at say 75 Vs a long slow lingering one at 85+?

I for one would happily trade in 10 - 15 years of slow lingering miserable death for fast, painless and a bit early. Especially if it means I get to eat the foods and do things I like and live a fulfilling fun and rewarding life rather than a highly restrictive and self imposed limited one.

My biggest peeves with these sort of pseudoscience claims that revolve around 'if you eat X you looze Y amount of time from your life' is that they carry zero factual merit. Our lives, and how we stay alive for how long, are hugely complex and dynamic multivariate conditions that are impossible to statistically map and predict with any accuracy let alone down to saying each item of food ABC takes or adds so many minutes off or to your life.

Nobody knows when each of us will die. Sure there are strong contributors to the ultimate timeline we spend here but the details are impossible to predict accurately for each individual.

If given the knowledge of how every item you eat affects your life how would any of us handle things if we knew that eating X items may make us die a fast and painless death at say 75 Vs a long slow lingering one at 85+?

I for one would happily trade in 10 - 15 years of slow lingering miserable death for fast, painless and a bit early. Especially if it means I get to eat the foods and do things I like and live a fulfilling fun and rewarding life rather than a highly restrictive and self imposed limited one.

I believe that sums things up nicely. Obviously playing a round of Russian Roulette every day is sort of tempting fate. I don't see tempting fate as a good idea as it is likely to promote an early death. As to eating or not eating this and that. My father joked about eating garlic to prevent cancer. He even used garlic salt on french fries which was more about the fact he liked garlic than much else. He died of Pancreatic Cancer at age 77. My mother, the Italian ate well and lived well as well as smoking till age 80. She died of an aortic aneurysm at age 92. Thankfully she had all her faculties and was totally fine right till... She was comfortable and simply went to sleep with internal bleeding. I hope I fare as well. You simply never know when fate will draw your number in the lottery of life. Me? I live for today and have been enjoying my retirement. Every day I spend on the rifle range or riding mike bike is another give me. I have no reservations with spending my kids or grand kids inheritance. :) Que Sarah Sarah as it goes.

Ron

A interesting discussion I have been having lately is about eating healthy foods Vs junk foods and it catches everyone I have it with off guard every time being I have a lot of junk food eaters around me and I used to be one with the same mentality as they had until last year where I equated eating healthy food with being expensive. It's actually not.

Especially with the snack type foods of each catigory.

Look at your favorite junk food candy or like item and what it actually cost per pound. Odds are it somewhere over $4 - $8+ a pound whereas most common fruits like Bananas, grapes, apples, oranges, watermelon and whatnot are about the same or even less. Bananas cost less than $1 a pound in the off season here and watermelon is often under 25 cents a pound in the summertime. Same with Apples Oranges and Grapes. Rarely do I pay over $4 a pound for any of them any time of year.

Now look at a bag of chips, cookies or candy. 12 - 16 oz for $3 - $10+ and look at the calories and nutritional info on one bag (1500 - 4000+ calories per pound) Vs eating fruit or vegetables. (100 - 300 calories per pound). No comparison whatsoever on what is better, more filling and has less calories too!

The reality is on a pound for pound cost most every common fruit or vegetable is about the same of even cheaper (some a lot cheaper) than most every standard junk food while coming in at 1/10th or less calories per pound for it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back