Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawed or Modeled? PC ADVENTURE GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hi,
Do you think the background of this game is drawn or modeled?
=) Its old czech game - Posel smrti / Black mirror in english

If the background changes angle / view smoothly as you move, it must be modelled with a 3D frame. The textures mapped over the objects could be drawn or taken from photographs.

A static background that only changes from scene to scene could be a plain image, or captured from a rendered model.

The original id software Doom / Quake games are good for examples of how 3D games work, they have open-sourced all the older game engines and there are vast numbers of add-ons and higher resolution character skins & textures etc. to improve the appearance.

------
Just searched the game name on youtube & there is a full walkthough - they are just static drawn images, sometimes layered so the character can move behind parts of objects or scenery.

static drawn images
Do you think its drawn by hand on paper and than scanned? For example this game (polda 6 in czech) is drawed on paper and then photographed.
I prefer look of the background from Black mirror over Polda.
BTW Polda 7 will be out this year =).I was given the opportunity to test it. At the moment 1/5 is tested (Which is not a secret I hope)
. More parts are coming. Its programmed on "free time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back