Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meters instruments for cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarataNet

I am modifying the panel of my car (Fiat Uno 1.5R, year 88) and wanted to make a digital panel with leds or display of 7 segments.

Necessary of some projects schematics:

Meter of RPM (tachometer);
Meter of the fuel level;
Meter of the oil level;
Meter of the oil pressure;
Meter of the water level in the radiator;
Meter of the temperature of water of the radiator;
Meter of voltage of the battery (voltmeter);
Indicating light of march change (shift-light);
Counter of current march;
Speedometer;
Internal light with gradual power off;
Turbo timer;
Meter air/fuel (Hallmeter);
Meter of vacuum;
Meter of external / internal temperature (Thermometer)

I am thank full who will be able to help me. PLEASE

Many of those signals are analog (metered on the dash) on the car already, so it would require an A/D converter and associated led logic. A PIC would do both.

On the items that are not readily analog available (such as water level in the radiator or vacuum), you will have to create some sort of circuit that can either measure it directly, or get it off the car's computer, if that particular data is available to it, which may be quite involved (I am not familiar with your particular car's computer).

For the vacuum use a MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) from a chevy engine, 1990s from a junk yard. Easy to work with V+, ground and a variable voltage output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back