Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meter Data Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclocked

I have recently aquired some vintage meters from a friend. I cant seem to locate the nessacry info in order to set up the right scale on the meter.

Meter1) Weston mA (millaAmp) DC Test Meter, Model 506 Type:54734. It goes up to 35mA.

Meter2)Readrite AC volt meter, unknown model. Has 2 scales, one of them goes to 140 Full scale, the other goes to 10V AC Full scale. I dont know if it has a rectifer or not.

Meter 3) Shurite DC mA Meter. Full Scale is 200mA

Meter 4) Unknow Everything. DC Amp Meter.-20 to +20 scale, on the -20 side it says discharge. On the +20 it has Charge

Meter5) Weston Volt-Ampere meter, Model 280. Has 3 Scales, 1st full scale is 60, 2nd Full Scale is 30, and 3rd full scale is 0.150. This one says "100 Ohms Per volt"

Im looking for the information (I think its current, and ohms of the meters)

You may be able to use a known meter to adjust an unknown meter
to the correct reading. And then test the known meter for accuracy
over the entire range of the meter.

Ron

As Corona2586 says, test it agains a known accurate meter.

In case as with mA meters start with a very low current, low mA or µA's first on dc and ac to ensure that you are not frying and AC meter on DC or vise versa, before going to a higher current like 500 mA or whatever.

If you don't know weather you are dealing with an AC or DC meter above method is safe to verify if the meter is OK.

For a Voltmeter applies the same method, put a high M or k ohm resistance in series with the meter, or start with a very low voltage from a variable AC or DC supply.

The meter maybe 50 uamps but any shunt across makes it amps or ma. in my experience usualy meters are without a shunt are in the 50 uamps range. Like a simpson meter.

-place in series with the meter a 1.5v battery and a potentiometer of
2 * 1.5v/estimated meter current.

-deflect the meter full scale.
now at the meter connect another pot of 5k or less in parallel and reduce their resistance to exact 1/2 scale deflection.

-disconect the 5K pot. and check it with an ohmeter. their value is the internal resistance of the meter.

-now, again full scale, read tension across meter terminals.
tension / internal resistance = F.S. current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back