Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

merry go round

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah s

does any one know how to construct a merry go round? i know it has a mottor, but how do u use it and what with, to make the horse go up and down?

Simple example:

Bars go through the platform and sit on a wave table underneath like this:

|--|-|---|--|
|/\/\|/\/\/\|/\

The bars for the horses are the |s and as it spins, the bars go up and down on the waves(which are rounded). I know that this isn't how a real one works, but it would work for a miniature.

The one I used to ride on as a kid had the top of the horse pole attached to a horizontal bar that rotated. There was a 'U' bent into the bar where the horse was attached. As the bar rotated it pulled the horse up and down with the 'U'. You could use a gear system like a car differential but with more shafts to drive each horzontal bar as the merry-go-round turns. What would be the drive shaft in a car would be attached to the ground. As the m-g-r turned around the shaft it would actuate all the horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back