Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

member, well known member, most helpful member ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I resist the "likes" crap because it is just trying to emulate the stupid @#$%$#@ social media garbage...

Yes, on one hand, but it is useful to know who has been viewing your post and what they think of it; even a dislike is useful. For jokes I always click 'funny' if they make me smile

Last edited:
The only problem with most of these 'management systems' is that they are too general like the famouse lines of code benchmark with software. Programmer 1 writes beautiful structured code which is robust, short, and simple to maintain. Programmer 2 writes spaggeti code. Programmer 1 thus writes 500 lines of code in a week, but programmer 2 has written 1,500 lines of code. Who gets the merit-rise?

Last edited:
"G or LabVIEW is graphical. Lines of code is utter nonsense. **broken link removed** Yep, that's programming language with a steep learning curve.

"G or LabVIEW is graphical. Lines of code is utter nonsense. **broken link removed** Yep, that's programming language with a steep learning curve.
Thanks for that- something else to read. It is very difficult to measure real progress on most engineering tasks, but especially software. My feeling is that the best you can do is to employ good people, give them the rignt tools, and have a good system/documentation structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back