Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

member status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post things that make people think.
Post things that make people laugh.
Post things that make other people argue with each other.

These all build reputation points and status fast!

From newbie to excellent in 0.56 days.

I just noticed that if you go to "View Profile" when clicking on someone's username, you get to see how many green squares you have to see how much more excellent you are than other people lol. I thought that had been removed in it's entirety earlier when people kept on competing for who had the most green squares.

Last edited:
Its all down to reputation people have given you.

If you posted some mindless crap in your first few days/weeks/months of posting, people would have given you negative feedback (look at the scales icon at the bottom of the users details).

It takes an equal amount of positive feedback to cancel out the negative feedback.

Maybe nobody had ever given you user feedback ? If you click on https://www.electro-tech-online.com/usercp.php and look at the reputation received you can see what people think of you and when they gave you feedback.

I remember my first ever feedback was from Krumlink having a strop about something everyone else found funny. Fortunately as he was a new user at that time it didn't really count towards my reputation and he's grown up a lot since :)

As you get more feedback/reputation, your power to dramatically increase other users reputation also increases.

I.e. a new user giving negative feedback will have little or no effect on your overall rating. An experienced user with lots of positive feedback can instantly bump your feedback to a high level.

I'm just under 450 points on my feedback - I've had a lot of positive rep from newbies so that doesn't count though.

Last edited:
As you get more feedback/reputation, your power to dramatically increase other users reputation also increases.

I.e. a new user giving negative feedback will have little or no effect on your overall rating. An experienced user with lots of positive feedback can instantly bump your feedback to a high level.

I'm just under 450 points on my feedback - I've had a lot of positive rep from newbies so that doesn't count though.

yah...we wouldnt want to learn anything from a "NEWBIE" now would we...even though a "newbie" around here could be someone with many, many years of experience, and intelligence coming out his wazoo.
He may also be someone with 300 posts under his belt....a bit of a flawed sytem if you ask me....but then, who did?

Last edited:
Its all down to reputation people have given you.

If you posted some mindless crap in your first few days/weeks/months of posting, people would have given you negative feedback (look at the scales icon at the bottom of the users details).

It takes an equal amount of positive feedback to cancel out the negative feedback.

Maybe nobody had ever given you user feedback ? If you click on https://www.electro-tech-online.com/usercp.php and look at the reputation received you can see what people think of you and when they gave you feedback.

I remember my first ever feedback was from Krumlink having a strop about something everyone else found funny. Fortunately as he was a new user at that time it didn't really count towards my reputation and he's grown up a lot since :)

OR...........you can just do the best that you can do answering questions, learn a lot, have a happy, spirited, enjoyable time on here, and have a bit of fun, learn a bit, and occasionally piss someone off...almost like the real world.

Until someone can take their points to a store and buy something with it, I really wouldnt worry about your reputation...unless your a pre-teenage girl.

To quote a great man:
"Make me laugh, think and argue and I will call you my friend" -- tcmtech

Last edited:
yah...we wouldnt want to learn anything from a "NEWBIE" now would we...even though a "newbie" around here could be someone with many, many years of experience, and intelligence coming out his wazoo.
He may also be someone with 300 posts under his belt....a bit of a flawed sytem if you ask me....but then, who did?

I think you're missing the point (pardon the pun)

A newbie can come on, post a single great post and if people give him reputation (if they know how which is another mute point sometimes) then they can rapidly get the same reputation as someone who has been here for years.

Yes its flawed but can be interesting when you see someone posting absolute crap constantly and noticing they have a "bad" reputation.

Heck - if a newbie came on and posted something brilliant and Nigel repped him, he'd probably have more reputation than I've managed in 1000 posts.

where is this points number located? I still dont get most of this reputation stuff. Let alone where its all located. I found the green dots though. What good are they?

Where are the comments toward us at? I still haven't found them either. (Assuming I have some.)

Where are the comments toward us at? I still haven't found them either. (Assuming I have some.)

TCM, Hit User CP Upper left hand on the main forum page.

Then they should appear at the bottom below your most recent pages visited or subscribed to.

kv:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back