Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Megnatic Pole Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpit Paliwal

I want Some component or circuit for detection of polarity of a temporary magnet(i.e the front portion of magnet is S pole or P pole.So if anyone knows about it please tell me.Thanks in advance.

Someone Electro said:
use a compas. if one part is atracted N that means its North on the magnet

So, if the compass needle's end that normally points to north gets attracted if you hold it near one pole of your magnet, this would be the north pole of it

Use a very small compass, they make one about 20mm diameter just for that purpose to check the poles in electric motors.

Or you could use another permanent magnet that has the poles marked on it. Like poles repel and unlike poles attract each other. If you cannot find a magnet thats marked you could mark it yourself if you suspend it on a (thin) string and see which end points north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back