Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring large voltages on CRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CRO has volt/div max of 20V/div. With this I can measure maximum of 80V peak value. But I want to measure 240V peak value AC signal as well as 240V DC signal. So can I achieve this with CRO? Can I use external triggering for the same?

You mean to say that I should have the special probe? Not some settings of CRO?(Like I was thinking of external trigerring)

You mean to say that I should have the special probe? Not some settings of CRO?(Like I was thinking of external trigerring)

No, you need a x10 probe - but this is pretty standard anyway, with most probes being switchable x1/x10.

So a x10 probe will give 200V/div with your scope set to 20V/div - plus it increases input impedance to 10Meg, and decreases capacitance by a factor of ten.

Read this link. Then do a simple Google of X10 Oscilloscope Probes and pick your poison. You need a X10 probe to appreciate the scope.

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back