Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring Energy Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moneer81

Hello,

I am trying to measure and compare the total daily output of two identical solar panels: one is stationary and the other tracks the sun. I know how to measure the voltage acorss a load and determine the power but what is the best way to measure the total energy produced, from sunrise till sunset, on these panels? Is there some kind of "odometer" I can build that will keep track of the amount of electricity being generated and add it up?

Thanks.

You could use a data logger to monitor the voltage across a fixed resistance load.

Or, crude and simple - use each panel to feed an identical electric pump, and pump water from a full container to an empty one, and compare the amounts moved throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back