Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring DC Series/Parallel Circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't. You need at least two values to calculate the total voltage in a circuit. You need Rt and It, Rt and Pt, or It and Pt.

deathshead please post the entire problem as russlk said. if you have other voltages then you clearly have more than just Vt.

I'll betcha he's got the value of that 3rd resistor, and that it's the series portion of the circuit, which would then allow calculation fo the circuit current, and then continue on from there...

Yeh -- that would be easy -- but it's the kind of thing I would give my students all the time... and a surprising number of them would miss it! :)

I meant too easy for us. We'll probably have to provide more of an explanation than that. That is a good one to see who's paying attention though. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back