Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring Audio output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karn

Furrion DV1230-BL Radio/dvd player has 3 zones, I was trying I determine why the set of speakers on zone 3 could hardly be heard with the volume all.the way up, I swapped the wires with zone 2 and they worked just fine, I determined the radio had a faulty zone 3 and was defective, I ordered a replacement and the new one has the same issue-- so I simply swapped the speakers to zone 2 and put the soundbar on zone 3 since the soundbar has a volume control which seems to work ok, long story short I'm looking for some type of meter or piece of test equipment to measure audio output to determine if the problem is actually with the radio, any ideas on what test equipment I would need?

You don't need any test equipment for you requirements - just a pair of speakers and your ears.

However, Zone 3 is lower power than the others (imaginary 30+30 instead of imaginary 50+50).

Zone 3 also has "independent audio output control" (see page 19 of the manual).

However, if you actually want to measure the audio output you need an audio signal generator, a dummy load, and an oscilloscope - but you should be aware that the results you get will be a LOT lower than the imaginary figures in the spec, and there's a fairly decent chance that a cheap amp will be destroyed by full power testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back