1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

making power inputs in eagle

Discussion in 'Circuit Simulation & PCB Design' started by AndyNealG, Feb 15, 2018.

1. AndyNealG

AndyNealG New Member

I have a schematic for a dual IF amp which is 1 board in a series. I want to have simple solderable
    vias for power input(or test points) instead of on board connectors. If I just show 12v with the arrow, or a GND symbol on the schematic, the board doesn't construct any ports. How can I indicated in the schematic that I want a powered hole?
    AndyNealG-KM4TRT

2. ronsimpson

ronsimpson Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

I think some where in a library there is a "test point". The schematic shows a symbol. The PCB side has many different options. (hold size and pad size) I think you need to add a test point to the schematic. OR You can use a 1 pin connector. OR You can add a two pin connector for Power and Gnd. (0.1 spacing)
    OR
    You can add a "via" to the trace. It does not show on a schematic but it does give you a hole and a trace. This is done in layout and not in schematic.

3. Pommie

Pommie Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Agree with Ron, test points or solder pads. However, I'd avoid using a via as the solder mask insulates them.

Mike.