Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making LEDs light up one by one

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfire

I need a simple circuit that can light up LED's one by one. Once the next led is lit up the previous one switches off. Use of micro controller would be difficult cause I'll be using at least 200 LEDs.
Thanks in advance:)

I need a simple circuit that can light up LED's one by one. Once the next led is lit up the previous one switches off. Use of micro controller would be difficult cause I'll be using at least 200 LEDs.

Use of micro-controller would be easier, BECAUSE you're using 200 LED's.

It'll take at least 7 micro controllers. Programming each would get more complicated. I'm currently planning to use 4 to 16 decoders with 555 timers, but the counter isn't counting. I'm using T74LS93.

I'd do a row-column diode decoder matrix where the LED itself is the cross-point diode. 16 rows and ~14 columns would do it. Use two 4in to 1 of 16 decoders, two 4 bit counters, and a clock oscillator.

using microcontroller would be easier

try to do Charlieplexing

A Charlieplexed digital clock which controls 90 LEDs with 10 pins of a PIC16C54 microcontroller.

Last edited:
I've tried with an 8051. I've used the basic circuit and I'm attaching the program. I didn't make the matrix but connected leds to the port.They didn't glow. What I'm I doing wrong?
I've tried keil and the ports do go in the order required.

Attachments

• fin.asm
    6.5 KB · Views: 261
I've tried with an 8051. I've used the basic circuit and I'm attaching the program. I didn't make the matrix but connected leds to the port.They didn't glow. What I'm I doing wrong?
I've tried keil and the ports do go in the order required.
8051 dont have much pin to control 200 leds ( except using multiplexing )

the only chip that i know can make a running led with one port is 4017

i dont know the same chips

hope the other can help you :)

Hey, what do i use to view the file? I tried pspice and atrium designer. None of them worked
use ExpressSCH

but please dont open it right now , still have some error ( not really an error , just a little mistake ;) )

open it after i edit it , ok ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back