Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making Hydrogen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is time for a couple of facts to be stated (neither of which will in any way hurt your patent process):

Just how much hydrogen (per unit volume) do you in fact generate?

How much electrical energy do you have to shoot into your system to do so?

You can give basic answers to those questions without giving away any "secrets". If you can't or won't answer them, good luck getting a patent on your process. Or for some reason you just don't want to tell us..?

Here we go....HC or hydrocarbons allowed 68 ppm reading result 3 ppm
CO or carbonmonoxide allowed 0.38% reading result 0.05%
NO or Nitrus Oxide allowed 526 ppm reading result 280 ppm
This is on a car that is 8 yrs old and has never had any exhaust system work done on it.
Testers said it is very very good.

Here we go....HC or hydrocarbons allowed 68 ppm reading result 3 ppm
CO or carbonmonoxide allowed 0.38% reading result 0.05%
NO or Nitrus Oxide allowed 526 ppm reading result 280 ppm
This is on a car that is 8 yrs old and has never had any exhaust system work done on it.
Testers said it is very very good.
The fairly high nitrous oxide reading shows that the mixture is lean and the valves and pistons are being burned. They cost a lot more than a properly running engine without any HHO that makes the mixture too lean.

But we think that your tiny amount of HHO doesn't do anything in a car. Maybe in a lawnmower but it doesn't have enough power to drive the electrolysis.

This is my last post ...."fairly high nitrus oxide" your an idiot, the burning of gasoline and what remains after its burned is called hydrocarbons. whatever fuel is not burned increases hydrocarbon exhaust, the government allows 68 ppm and I have 3 ppm practically all the gas is burned the system works.
Thanks for the encouragment you dicks can keep paying for your gas and yes it just did start to climb again.

This is my last post ...."fairly high nitrus oxide" your an idiot, the burning of gasoline and what remains after its burned is called hydrocarbons. whatever fuel is not burned increases hydrocarbon exhaust, the government allows 68 ppm and I have 3 ppm practically all the gas is burned the system works.
Thanks for the encouragment you dicks can keep paying for your gas and yes it just did start to climb again.
Guess what the catalytic converter burns? Unburned hydrocarbons (gasoline that is not burned in the engine). Your catalytic converter is still healthy so it burns the unburned hydrocarbons. HHO has nothing to do with it.

IF your after truely low emisions go to propane. If your after cheap fuel, heat your house with wood. Then claim your low income and that your house is heated by propane. Get federal fuel assistance and use the discounted heating propane from them to run your vehical.
If you can prove your really poor you may just get 100% coverage. Then followed around to see what you are doing and pesterd about why your not employed, eventualy found out about and hauled away for fraud.
But hey you do get free fuel for a little while. Just as long as you dont understand cause and effect! It will seam free! And you will be a hero to your jail buddies for "sticking it to the man" too!

Near by farmer got in the paper for that one years ago. The free fuel was he got was worth about $500 or so. Fines, court fees and what not were several thousand! That was paid with his crop money so it did not count as a loss, just a lower profit for that year. I think the paper said he cleared over $100 k that year when he delared he was to poor to heat his house.

But that fuel was free if you still ask him!

I got a millionare buddy that has been asking me if I know how to get him fuel assistance. I keep telling its easy just get out of the million dollar a year tax bracket. (he pays near a million in after business deductions)
He built a 60 by 120 shop and the $1000 plus a month heating bill bugs him.

Maybe one of the hydrogen guys can convert his shop to heat with water?

Guy's I'm sure most of you would agree this topic has gone way over the line and drifted away more than the titanic ever sailed. I'm not even sure if the OP that started this thread is even still on the forum.

Lets have a vote on keeping this thread open eh.......

And don't forget to give a good reason....

I would keep it open but delete everything after post 238 on up being thats where the para science colloidal silver discussion starts up.

Last edited:
OK I have gone thru the whole thread and deleted what I thought was necessary. Any more off topic threads will be deleted and if any members feels I missed something just let me know.

In the end HHO production can be done by people in the know but that really is a subject beyond this forum so any more posts in this thread should deal with the topic...,...

I know this is an old post but it needs clarity. safety first, a generator never produces pure hydrogen, there are ALWAYS oxygen molecules in the stream so you have to be very careful because that explosive. The stream has to go thru a dryer and high heat to become pure. Pure hydrogen is very safe and can be compressed, un-pure compressed hydrogen is EXPLOSIVE.
One question was; how do you gain anything by using electricity to produce hydrogen as a fuel due to loss transmuting 1 power to another? Hydrogen has 1.5 times the energy of gasoline AND a generator is producing power in braking and down-hill situations similar to smart cars.
One question was: what is the mix ratio of potassium hydroxide (lye) to water? 26% KOH by weight. You adjust the voltage/amps to the mixture not the mixture to the volt/amps
Another question was; what PH? ph has to be close to 13 not 7. Or if you're going acidic it must be around 3. I like to go high, it's safer.
Stainless steel electrodes? if you look at stainless under a microscope you will see crystals, some of those crystal are Iron and this is what makes your solution dirty because the electron flow will attack the Iron but not the Chromium, the higher the purity of the stainless means less trash in the solution.
Another question was about sonic vibration, this will split hydrogen even without electrical power but is EXTREMELY dangerous and can explode without warning as can hydrogen produced by dissolving aluminum.
1 more point, when fooling around with acids or bases always add the acid or base to water never the other way around and add it very slowly.
if anyone is still interested in this subject I will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back