Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a remote control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

:roll: I have a CCTV recorder in my cellar (hidden so that it should be hard to detect if my house is broken into). I would like to make a remote control panel (connected probably by wiring) for my sitting room so that I can operate the CCTV without having to go downstairs.

I have though of using a basic solenoid setup, one for each button strapped over the unit's control panel. This seems expensive and quite clumsy. There are 17 buttons to control.

Is there a cleaner way of doing this by maybe using a relay connected through to the internal button connections of the CCTV unit?

Any thoughts or pointers would be gratefully received.

Chris

If this recorder have an IR remote controller, You can build a repeater with two wires, without relays.

Unfortunately the recorder does not have an IR controller. It is a digital recorder by the way, not a VCR.

If You can leave one button, also possible solution for remote control the DTMF via two wires. I recommend optocouplers instead of relays.

:wink: Ahh. How does it help if I lose a button? Have you got any further information...this is very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back