Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making A "Change States" Switch With A Relay. Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellohellosharp

I have been thinking about a circuit like this for weeks. Lets say you take a relay and an LED light. My goal is simple:

Sending a "pulse" to the relay (just to make it close and then return to original position) will make the LED turn on and stay on. A second pulse to the relay will cause the LED to turn off.

It is basically a latching switch in logical form. Where you have to push once to turn on, then push again to turn off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've used this circuit before: **broken link removed**
The relay coil voltage is selected to be 1/2 of the supply voltage (though a 5V coil works OK on a 12V supply). R1 and R2 have the same resistance as the relay coil. A down side is that the circuir will always be drawing power, with the relay on or off.

How about a push-on/push-off switch, directly or controlling a relay, from Radio Shack: RadioShack.com

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back