Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Make LED Blink Specific Num of Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

axro

If I want an LED to only blink a certain number of times. Say 5 times. What would be the best way to do that(without a uC). Would it be a monostable 555 to a astable 555? Or is there an easier way to do it will less components?

It doesn't have to be a specific number of times, it just has to be a few.

You can use 2 555 timers. One to blink and one to control the blink time of the other. Use the blink one in the astable mode, and the other in the monstable mode.

If I want an LED to only blink a certain number of times. Say 5 times. What would be the best way to do that(without a uC). Would it be a monostable 555 to a astable 555? Or is there an easier way to do it will less components?

hi,
A simple circuit like this will do the job.:)

The push switch shorts out the 33uF cap via the 1K, on release the LED will flash.
Adjust the cap values to give the number and duration of the flashes.

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 198
Here is how I would do it.

Attachments

• 5Blinks.gif
    5Blinks.gif
    67 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
I like the idea of a monstable 555 and a blinking LED. It really simplifies the whole thing.

What do you want it to do after the LED blinks 5 times?

Use a 555 to control the blinking of the led, and use a resistor, capacitor and a comparator to control the duration of the blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back