Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnavox LCD Chirpping

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJack18

I have a 47 inch LCD Magnavox that when you turn it on it chirps on the power board but doe not come on. Can anyone save me

I have a 47 inch LCD Magnavox that when you turn it on it chirps on the power board but doe not come on. Can anyone save me

Hi !

First of all try to open the LCD and check to find the cause of that chirp, Most probably it's because of bad solder in SMPS high voltage area, leaky capacitors. Sometimes there may be dry solder problem in the power connector area or socket and in rare case of Inverter board HVPS connection in CFLs due to burnt or sparking connector.
Take professional help if you are not having any experience in the same field.

Sounds like leaky/bad caps to me. Does it have a high pitched squeal when it is off? When visually inspecting the capacitors are any of them bulged?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back