Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mad River Canoe Adventure 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownOut

Banned
This one has been taunting me for years as a perennial favorite at the local sporting goods store. I'm planning a paddling trip to Florida's mangroves, and it might be time for me to just break down and buy this boat. Anyone have any experience with it? How about other canoes? How do they perform?

I think your guilty of asking about canoes giving as little information as some of the people here asking about electronics advice.

What are you actually using it for? I don't really know what the mangroves water is like. Still flat water? How long are your trips and how much are you carrying? What distance do you travel per day? Portages? What's your level of expertise?

It depends on a lot of things. That canoe would be absolutely useless for the trips that I usually do. Too heavy, flat bottom, too short. Are those cup holders? Seriously?

https://www.madrivercanoe.com/produ...reation/adventure_destiny_series/adventure_14

EDIT: If this is something you are buying for more than just day paddling with a beer in your hand, then my best advice is rent before you buy.

Last edited:
Technically, I only asked if anyone has any experience with it. I wanted to know if anyone here has paddled it or purchased it and how they like it. I would use it to explore estuaries, salt water marshes and such. I am usually out a day or two at a time, and comfort is pretty important. Also, I do alot of solo boating, and so lifting and SHORT portages are important. I know this boat is a little heavy, but I think I can handle it. I like the construction and it seems pretty robust. Most of the reviews I've read say the same. And I know it's not a white water vessel, but that's OK with me. At home, I'll probably tie it to the back of my sail boat, and use it to explore shallow water, creeks and such. Maybe even do some fishing :)

Last edited:
Really interesting.

The same canoe can be used for sheltering while camping. Don't loose the paddles while portage. Are you sure Florida's mangroves doesn't have any Lions and tigers and bears?

Forget the canoe; if you're going into Florida's mangrove swamps bring this instead:

**broken link removed**

Not many pirates in the mangroves. But if I sail past Somali, I'll keep it in mind.

I was thinking alligators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back